Friday, November 15, 2019

What matters

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what matters. And by lately, I mean probably the last three or so years. It's partly why I started this blog. I'm trying to sort out what matters. What's really important. And most importantly, what's not important.

This industry is a constant barrage of trivial decisions and topics that have amount to almost nothing.

Should that car in the spot be blue or black? Who cares?
Should that can of beer look so sweaty? It looks so sweaty? Who cares?
Should the spot be a :15 or should it be a :30? Who cares?
If it's online is it important if the spot can be seen and understood without sound? Who cares?
Should the product be on the left side or right side? Who...cares?

Blah, blah, blah blah.

Nobody fucking cares.

Consumers sure as shit don't.

Here's what matters — message.

Saying something worth listening to.

But what do I know?

This post doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow and Steady

Two years or so I started going to the gym. It started in the dead of winter in Chicago. I was new in town. Knew next to nobody. So I decide...